Google has announced the final assignments for the 2008 Summer of Code program.
Once again PHP features prominently features in mentoring with some high profile mentors making themselvels available to help mentor PHP related projects. Below is a list of projects that have been accepted for 2008 along with the students and mentors for each.
- Zend LLVM Extension
- by Joonas Govenius, mentored by Nuno Lopes
- PHP Optimizer
- by Samuel Graham Kelly IV, mentored by Derick Rethans
- PhD Improvements and Updates
- by Nicholas Sloan, mentored by Hannes Magnusson
- Replace auto* with CMake
- by Alejandro Leiva Rojas, mentored by Pierre A. Joye
- gsoc:2008 - XDebug
- by Chung-Yang Lee, mentored by David Coallier
- Rewrite the run-tests.php script
- by Cesar Montedonico, mentored by Travis Swicegood
- PHP Bindings for Cairo
- by Akshat Gupta, mentored by Anant Narayanan
- Algorithm Optimizations
- by Michal Dziemianko, mentored by Scott MacVicar
- PECL, Website Improvements
- by Barry Carlyon, mentored by Helgi Þormar Þorbjörnsson
- Implement Unicode into PHP 6
- by Henrique do Nascimento Angelo, mentored by Scott MacVicar
Johannes Schlüte, release manager for PHP 5.3 is the GSoC Co-Administrator for PHP in 2008 and is sure to guide the new students on their way.
Catch all the action from Google at http://code.google.com/soc/2008/php/about.html